Up Coming Dove Season

Hunting Furs & Feathers

Moderator: GoTres

Up Coming Dove Season

Postby Snipe » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:27 am

Has everybody found there spot for opening weekend...??

And how many of you guys plan on purchasing a public land permit this year for dove hunting..??
Its Not What You Shoot...

Its How Good You Shoot With What You Have...
Snipe

Postby Quail_Buster » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:35 am

No PLP fro me Snipe. Looks like we will be covered up at our place this year. With no rain our ponds are low but the birds do come to them heavy in the evenings to water.
Quail_Buster
Button Buck
Button Buck

Postby deerslayer64d » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:52 am

WE dont have a clue where we are gunna birdhunt this year, we have always hunted at the yard where I work but this year thay have developed that 70acres and drained the tank I stocked with bass and cats 4 yrs ago :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: as much as my self and kids and wife enjoy dove hunten I just cant see payen the 50-100 $ a day to shoot 12-15 birds, when I was a kid my dad and I would just ask the land owner if we could hunt !!! man how things change ( and not for the better )
deerslayer64d
8 Point
8 Point

Postby Snipe » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:17 pm

I know what your saying...You go to someones house now and ask permission to hunt dove, They look at you like you have lost your mind.. I think most of the reason is that all the people you and I have asked when we were younger have passed on... And they are afraid that if you hurt yourself on there property you will be sueing them for everything they have...

As for paying the cash..I have paid to hunt It should have been a good place to hunt but it rainned like 6"... TD and I were almost drowned...
Its Not What You Shoot...

Its How Good You Shoot With What You Have...
Snipe

Postby GoTres » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:53 pm

Too bad it's so tough to find a spot to hunt anymore but we all pay for the sins of the few who broke down fences and left trash and open gates.

I'll get the type II again this year for the dove & quail hunting. It's the only chance I have to hunt local.

I don't know if I'll make the annual dove opener San Angelo. I've got a few buddies in Gatesville who were covered up with birds for opening weekend last year and San Angelo public land finally gave up a full limit in 3 hunts. That's burning a lot of $3/gal gas to end up ordering pizza.

I do plan to be in Kingsville for the south zone opener though. Last year's trip was suspended due to Hurricane Rita.
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby TD » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:58 am

Well i'll be at the same old place,,,,enjoying good time with some real good friends,,,if we have good birds this year it will be a plus '''i really like just hanging out and remembering old times and the new stories we will be able to tell
TD
Marshall

Postby DCD » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:19 pm

will be in hillsboro, huntin with some friends
DAN BAIZE
LM-NAHC
DCD
Spike
Spike

DOVE HUNTS

Postby wenglish » Thu May 03, 2007 3:23 pm

special south zone dove hunts at $ 100.00 per person per day.. In the afternoon we cook bbq for alll our hunters and thats included in the price....... If any one is interested e-mail me for more info at.....wenglsh@sbcglobal.net
wenglish
Button Buck
Button Buck

Return to Upland & Small Game