What you should know before you Shoot !

In Search Of The Muy Grande

What you should know before you Shoot !

Postby jimy101 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:11 pm

There have been nine accidents since this year during the deer hunting season. According to the Iowa DNR those numbers are lower than last year.

Hunters get so excited when they see that deer that they just don't pay attention where anyone is. You got that adrenaline running through you, thinking 'ah I'm going to kill this deer' and you just start shooting. Well half the time you got to pay attention, look at your surroundings.

It's important to map out where all the hunters are going to be located so there's no chance of someone shooting in that direction.

The thick-wooded area makes seeing other hunters extremely difficult that's why the bright colors help.

Usually we wear fairly light clothing and everybody wears as much orange as possible because we don't want to get shot.

Bottom line, before you head out hunting, know who you're with, and where everyone is going to be.
jimy101
Button Buck
Button Buck

Re: What you should know before you Shoot !

Postby 13Point » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:38 am

Here in Ohio you have to have a certain amount of orange while gun hunting, during bow it is not required. Hunting blackpowder is same as shot gun, I have been places that no matter what your wearing you could get shot, I left. Some people just don't think while hunting in a group, this is why for the last 13 years I hunt the same property with the same people, but great advice jimmy101.
13Point
Marshall

Re: What you should know before you Shoot !

Postby jimy101 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:28 am

Thanks 13Point.
jimy101
Button Buck
Button Buck

Return to Deer Hunting