A grand opening weekend

In Search Of The Muy Grande

A grand opening weekend

Postby deerslayer64d » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 am

wow is all I can say , I have wated many years to have my own lease to come and go as I please and to manage the way I wanted ! Took the day off friday and got to the ranch about 7 am , drove around the pasture and fed roads and collected a few quail for dinner later that night , just sat around camp allday relaxen and watching deer come and go at the camp feeder ! fired up the grill around 5 to cook my bounty quail breast one slice pepper one slice portabella mushroom and a slice of bacon salt & pepper !
The weather was great for south Texas , clear calm and 39* on saturday morning , I saw some 25-30 deer does and small bucks , and had a bobcat walk right under my blind ( that was neat to see ) the afternoon hunt was about the same with no shooter bucks being seen , but did see quiet a few pigs ( future BBQS ) Sunday morning broke just as saturday did clear calm and cool . ( man I love a south Texas sunrise From the deer stand )I had about 15 doe in the road where I fed corn on the way to the blind , and pritty nice 8 point down at the feeder , I saw the buck I was looking for about 1000 yrds down the road behind all the does and he was walking my way ! around 500-600 yrds out he went into the brush and compleatly dissapeared ! I figured he was gone as I scanned the brush to see him , I just could not find him , my eyes were getten blurrie from looking so hard . I turned to my right to look down to the protene feeder and there he stood !!! how he got there I dont have a clue but Im sure glad he did !!!! I stoped at las cazadores and had him scored on my way home , he scored 146.7/8
deerslayer64d
8 Point
8 Point

Re: A grand opening weekend

Postby 13Point » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Nice DS, I tried to resize these for you but it distorts them too bad and you can't see anything. Sounds like you had a good time this past weekend.
13Point
Marshall

Postby JIM » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:07 pm

Way to go DS, I never even made to the stand this weekend.
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby Aggie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:50 am

Awesome!!! Congrats DS!!
If you aint havin fun...........quit doin it!!!!!

LM - NAHC
TTHA
LoneStarOutdoorsman
Hunters Helping Hunters
Aggie
4 Point
4 Point

Postby JIM » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:25 am

DS you been back to the lease?
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby deerslayer64d » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 am

yes sir every weekend ! Ive had some buddys down to help thin the doe herd and culls , Im just wateing on the rut to kick b4 I pull the trigger again , seeing some good up and comers just not any that beat the deer I shot . my brother -n- law shot a ( young ) 10 point thanksgiving morning ! score maybe 125" ( he wont be invited back ) ! I saw some young bucks starting to push does around sat -n- sun , so it wont be long now ! the rut normaly gets rolling around the 15th of dec down there !
deerslayer64d
8 Point
8 Point

Postby JIM » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:26 pm

DS
Great you are getting to go I haven't hunted deer but once this year and my lease is across the road from my house :cry: But I have done a lot of fishing and made it to Kansas pheasant hunting. :lol:
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby wyote » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:13 pm

awesome buck my friend
I HUNT THEREFORE I AM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/wyolion/thBig_jeep.gif[/IMG]
wyote
Sheriff

Return to Deer Hunting