Tomorrow is the day

The American Tradition

Tomorrow is the day

Postby billy8point » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:52 am

Well, Ohio bow season is officially open in about an hour from now. Gonna be in the tree to watch the sun come up in the morning. Can't wait. I have a good feeling about this season.
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Re: Tomorrow is the day

Postby 13Point » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:42 am

Sitting here waiting on Billy then headed to the woods, long season this year Sept to Feb, can't wait to get in the stand.
13Point
Marshall

Postby 13Point » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Seen 3 yesterday morning, this morning Billy shot a nice doe, I'll post pic later today.
13Point
Marshall

Postby 13Point » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:09 pm

13Point
Marshall

Postby billy8point » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Well, in the haste of trying to drag her out and me get to work, we really didn't get any other pictures besides those two. Got in the stand this morning right as light was breaking and was pulling my bow up and heard one snort at me. Thought my hunt was over. About an hour later, i saw two does coming through the woods right in front of me so i got ready to shoot the second, biggest doe. Well, as soon as the first one hits the clearing she looks up right at me. Luckily I had my bow drawn and was ready. To be honest, i didn't take the best shot in the world, but I just have to learn from that. She was facing me and I aimed dead center of her chest, missed a little left and hit her left side and came out the stomach. I saw blood as she ran away, but the trail was hard for us to follow. After about 350-400 yards, we found her. Reason the blood trail was hard to follow was the fact that some of the guts had plugged the exit hole. So we got her cleaned up and started the long drag. Made it about halfway to the woods we were hunting in and said screw it and I walked to the truck, drove to the farmers' house and got a 4 wheeler. I'm out of shape that's for sure. I haven't had to actually drag a deer more than 50 yards in years. Oh well, we got 'er done. I told dad, that's the closest we've come to killing one on opening day. Neither of us have done it, I guess the day after opening day will work for us.

I haven't killed a deer in 2 years with my bow so I'm a happy camper. When i walked to get dad, he asked if that was the first one I've killed with my new bow, I had to correct him and tell him it was the second. lol. Had a great day with dad and now I can focus on a buck. Don't get me wrong, I will shoot another doe. or two. we can kill 3 doe and one buck up here in ohio. i want to donate one to hunters helping the hungry.
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Postby JIM » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm

Good going Billy made the hunt and got one, they do get heavy fast especially when you are in a hurry.
I will not make opening day again this year, fishing Sharkathon again. :lol:
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby 13Point » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 pm

Oh yea, Billy forgot to tell you....."you got your knife? oh shoot I left it in the truck, good think Pop comes prepared. :P He just wanted to use my new one...damn kids.
13Point
Marshall

Postby billy8point » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:53 am

The new on I got you from the Marine Corps
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Postby 13Point » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:05 pm

We didn't go out this morning, pouring down rain for about the 4th day in a row and 3 more coming, plus it is Billl's 24th birthday and I have to cook on the grill for him. We are going to hit it in the morning though. Birthday dinner is his choice, new york strips, baked potato, corn on the cob, mushrooms and onions in butter, gravy and then cake and ice cream. Should be a good night, billy, tabbie, 2 grand-babies, middle daughter and her husband coming too.
13Point
Marshall

Postby JIM » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Sounds like Billy can pick a good meal

Oh yea send some rail this way
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Next

Return to Bow Hunting