TD's Place

Keep Track Of Your Trips To Your Property

TD's Place

Postby TD » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Well i make a quick trip down to the land yesterday

We ended up moveing the camper doing some needed fence repair and filled all the feeder up with fresh feed

2 of the feeders had moister build up in them so i had to take them down and wash them out real well,,,i ended up putting in new funnels in and then set them back out

We saw a nice high rack 6 point in velvet and a few does and fawns

Had a good day but man it was a hot one yesterday,,,i think i'm ready for Oct 1st now
TD
Marshall

Postby deerslayer64d » Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:26 pm

Im more than ready for oct 1 !!! it was 101 here at the house yesterday :shock:
deerslayer64d
8 Point
8 Point

Postby BADMAN » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:00 am

sounds like fun.
SAY WHAT YOU MEAN....MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.
BADMAN
Spike
Spike

Postby TD » Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:16 pm

Let me tell ya sweating your butt off isn't alot of fun but in the long run it's all worth it,,,season hit's and ya forget about all the other stuff
TD
Marshall

Postby TD » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:14 am

Well me and the wife headed down Friday afternoon

I bow hunted Sat morning had 11 doe around me,,,took a shot at a nice big one and missed :cry:

Stayed in the stand for another 30min's then headed in,,,,went into town and had some grub,,,,came back and filled all feeders and set up a new 2 person box blind 8) ,,,I hunted Sat evening had 6 doe at the feed area(hunting a different stand)had a good shot on one but the bow hit a branch and i missed,,,,went back out Sunday morn but didn't see any

I need to rethink shooting a recurve bow,,,i think i need to go back to the old compound so my shooting will be a little more consistent,,,oh well,,,we had a great time
TD
Marshall

Postby TD » Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:35 am

I headed down to my place last weekend with my 10yr old daughter to do a little huntin

We get there late Friday evening ,,,,,,Get every thing ready for the next morning,,,wind blowing strong out of the south all night,,,Sat morning still blowing and warm[about 60],,,,we head to the stand ,,well when we get there it had blown over in the high winds,,,so we had to go to the other side of our place and use a smaller stand,,,we hunted till about 9am ,,we saw 3 doe about 150yards out ,,,they only fed in the field for about 2mins till some thing spooked them,,,we got out and headed to the north side of out place to check on one of our other feeding areas,,,we get there and we have a few does feeding,,,see tells me to shoot one of the big one,,,well by the time i got set up they moved into the wood,,,oh well we tried she said

Around 11:30 we head to the south to raise the stand back up and retie it down,,,get it set back up then headed back to camp...it's about 78degrees,,,we head out to the south stand at 3pm,,,now it's 85{have to love Texas in Dec}We get set up and wait,,,about 4:30 we have 2 good does come out she says dad get the bigger one well i'm trying get on her when the feeder goes off ,,they head back in the wood,,she gets a little disappointed,,then about 5mins later we have 7 does all around the feeder,,,she picks out the biggest and tell me to shoot her,,,i did ,,,,she went about 20yrds,,,,well let me tell ya was going nuts in the stand,,,,she tells me lets go get ,,i tell we need to wait a few ,,,,man it was tuff keeping her in the stand for 10mins,,,,we climb down and i tell her let go get Grandpa and the truck,,,she says know let walk over the get Grandpa{My dad was hunting the middle of our place}I got my cell and called him ,,,he brought the truck over,,,,Man was she proud,,,she helped me and my dad load and clean the doe,,,i did ask her if she wanted to shoot the doe but she said no,,,well after we got done and went to dinner she told us next year she would be the one the shoot a deer,,,,,,i guess i'll have to find cheap youth rifle for her

Sun morning i get up at 4:30 get coffee on and get her some hot coco made {a nice cold front had come threw over night it was about 35 out,,,i wake her up and ask if she wanted to go out ,,,well she wanted to sleep some i did a few things at camp then got her up at 8,,i told her to grab the 22 and we would try to shoot a tree rat ,,,,well as luck might have it there was one out side the cattle feed pen,,,got her set up on it and the 1st shot missed ,,it headed up a tree ,,,she took another shot and hit in the back leg,,,she was happy but she new it was still in the tree and wanted me to get it so i got the 22 and took it out,,,well she goes in the camper gets some work glove and picks it up and puts in a zip lock,,,,,now it getting stuffed,,,and she is asking me everyday when we are going back,,,,i'll take her back down after deer season to tree rat hunt,,,i told her she could use her 410 next time,,,,all of ya know she should have better luck with it

We had a great weekend and my little hunter she is growing up fast
TD
Marshall

Postby GoTres » Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:07 pm

They do grow up too quick. Congrats on the doe.
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby wyote » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:57 pm

sounds like she's a great kid TD
I HUNT THEREFORE I AM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/wyolion/thBig_jeep.gif[/IMG]
wyote
Sheriff

Postby TD » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:50 am

Well i went down this past weekend ,,,filled all the feeders ,,,checked a few thing out everything is lookin good for opening weekend

saw a few deer and had 2 coon's 5 to 10 feet from me waiting for me to get the feeder filled so they could rob some corn

had a good weekend,,,but it sure was hot down there
TD
Marshall

Postby TD » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:15 pm

Well i had a good weekend

Sat morn start out slow the feeder was stopped up so nothing has been around,,,,well i climbed down to head back to camp,,,,get to the fence line and across the next field there are 4 hogs 3 just heading out of hte field the 1 left is just rooting away at the ground not moving much ,,,,well i made a slow stalk on him,,,i got with in what i though was 30yd and took a shot,,,well it was just a little short,,,he was gone

Sat evening hunted a differant stand,,,,,been in the stad for 1hr have a 175 hog come out,,,he walks strait at me,,,he get 5 or so feet from the base of my stand then turns an head to the feed pen i let him get 8 to 10yds then let him have it,,,,he took of snapped my arrow well we track him till dark couldn't find him :( :( :(

Sun go back to the stand i was at Sat morn,,,,,have a deer in the pen but way to dark to shoot,,,feeder goes off,,,well hear come the hogs,,,,had about 17 there,,,,drew and took the shot about 15yd good hit,,,,waited a while then went to get Texgrizzly to help me track it,,,,,i'll be heading back down this weekend to try my luck a shooting a deer

I guess it was the weekend to see hogs everywhere,,,,,,maybe i'll see more deer this weekend
TD
Marshall

Next

Return to Outdoor Adventures