Snipes Place

Keep Track Of Your Trips To Your Property

Postby Snipe » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:34 am

Nov 3-4

Opening weekend.. Cool weather in the mornings and warm in the afternoon..
Saturday AM.. Seen one Spike around 7:30. He moved by the side of the stand and half way to the feeder...Something may have spooked him, he came back and down the hill out of site..
Saturday PM.. Just before sunset a buck come walking up from behind the feeder.. Looked like a nice 8point.. He stopped at the feeder turned and all I could see is a nice 4 point rack on the right side and a main beam with a brow tine on the left...inside spread was around 10-12" ..Not a shooter in the county I hunt...Let him walk..
Sunday AM...Didnt see anything.. Packed up at 10AM and headed home.. Hope to be back this weekend..
Its Not What You Shoot...

Its How Good You Shoot With What You Have...
Snipe

Postby wyote » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:48 pm

hard to pass up some bucks isnt it, but for the overall good, you did well, at least your seeing deer, thats half the fun :D
I HUNT THEREFORE I AM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/wyolion/thBig_jeep.gif[/IMG]
wyote
Sheriff

Postby Snipe » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:44 pm

Nov 23-25

Seen one buck Friday afternoon.. Clouds and rain moving in later tonight.

Saturday...What a bust.. Driving wind out of the East and cold rain all day and all night...Sunday AM still raining and wind shifted out of the North 15-20 MPH.. Nothing moving... all weekend..

I will be back next weekend..

Snipe

Postby wyote » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:49 am

thats about how it was for me on my michigan trip...what is it with me and rain on a out of state hunt :shock:

hope it doesnt rain on my sheep hunt next days off, its in colorado :lol:
I HUNT THEREFORE I AM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/wyolion/thBig_jeep.gif[/IMG]
wyote
Sheriff

Postby Snipe » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:05 pm

Snipe wrote:Nov 23-25

Seen one buck Friday afternoon.. Clouds and rain moving in later tonight.

Saturday...What a bust.. Driving wind out of the East and cold rain all day and all night...Sunday AM still raining and wind shifted out of the North 15-20 MPH.. Nothing moving... all weekend..

I will be back next weekend..

Nov 29 - Dec 2

See above... Just was in the 70's.. This is insane

On the bright side Badman did score a nice size doe.. And his son-in-law scored a spike...

Snipe

Postby Snipe » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:09 pm

Nov. 7 - 9

Time to resurrect this from the dead..

Saturday AM..

Temps cool 46* seen one scrub 4 point around 7:15 and then two Doe came behind the stand, back in the trees.. Never presented a shot.. Going on 8 AM a large 4 point walk behind the feeder, He should be a nice deer in the next year or two..

Saturday PM..

Temps in the mid 70's not much action till close to dark... seen one deer along the brush line but could not tell if it was a doe or a small buck..

5 minutes left in legal shooting hours.. Seen one deer walking the same brush line turned to cross the trail.. I seen it was a nice size doe, So I let the .06 fly.. Really could not tell if I had a good shot on her.. she ran back towards me and into the woods..I waited about 7-8 minutes and went to look for her.. As I walked up to the area I seen a buck walking around this thicket of briers and trees.. She had jumped smack dab in the middle of that mess..

I did get her out and back to camp to dress her out.. I will be processing her Monday after work..

Sunday AM..

Had a cup of mud and watched the sunrise on a beautiful day..

Hope I can get back down next weekend..

Snipe

Previous

Return to Outdoor Adventures