Snipes Place

Keep Track Of Your Trips To Your Property

Snipes Place

Postby Snipe » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:08 am

It looks like I will be getting back down to the property in the next week or so...I hope to get my tower blind up and fill a few feeders before Turkey season...

It sure would be nice to get in a few spring hunts for some gobblers... 8) And if I'm lucky there will be some hogs around...I will keep you posted...
Snipe

Postby forthebirds » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:10 am

good luck snipe, getting set up like you were on the old one takes a lot of time, if you need a hand setting up or shooting some hogs let me know
The purpose of a warrior is not to engage his enemy in a test of strength or skill, it is to kill him.
forthebirds
6 Point
6 Point

Postby Snipe » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:08 pm

April 16-17

Time to do some repairs at the propertry...Dug a 6" wide 2' deep trench 1500' from the hunters shack to the power pole..Dropped some #4 wire in and some 3/4" PVC for water....This was a pain in the tail to do...I had to go to work this morning to get some rest. It took all weekend so no Turkey hunting or scouting the property this time around...At least I know we will be cool with the AC this summer when I get the wife, kids or friends down...Hope to get back in a week or two..

I want to thank BADMAN and Scout for helping.... A Texas-Hunters gift pack is on the way...
Snipe

Postby wyote » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:19 am

hope it was easy digging, glad you had help bud, you'll appreciate it this summer :D
I HUNT THEREFORE I AM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/wyolion/thBig_jeep.gif[/IMG]
wyote
Sheriff

Postby forthebirds » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:42 am

nothing like having ac and water during the dove and bow season. hope yall didnt have to cut though to many rocks.
The purpose of a warrior is not to engage his enemy in a test of strength or skill, it is to kill him.
forthebirds
6 Point
6 Point

Postby GoTres » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:19 pm

hope yall didnt have to cut though to many rocks

If it's anything like the other side of the county, there were plenty.
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby BADMAN » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:09 pm

any time snipe
SAY WHAT YOU MEAN....MEAN WHAT YOU SAY.
BADMAN
Spike
Spike

Postby Snipe » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:42 pm

July 15-16

Friday afternoon was unreal in the heat...But starting around PM the Friday night light show started and it went on till midnight...there were some serious storms around us and not one drop of rain...

Spent Saturday morning mowing down a 1/2 acre plot with a 22" push mower... :| This was not a good idea...its done but my tail is dragging...Badman was there to give me a hand with it but it still was a beating...Back at camp it was cool down time...and my buddy Badman gets out his tools and cuts the water valve off and pipes over and up ..Puts a cut off valve on a 90 and then a 45 ...We now have a outdoor shower... :shock: And buddy let me tell you on went the shorts and I was in the water....Now that was refreshing

After cooling down a bit it was off to do a little fishing...Only 3 Bass ..just to hot out

I will post some pics of the plot I plan using this fall as soon as I go back down and get my camera off the ATV ...I left it on the handle bars.. :roll:
Snipe

Postby Snipe » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:38 pm

I had a call this afternoon from the owner of the land I hunt...He has a friend that is a farmer and he just finished his harvesting of the corn...The farmer wants $3.00 per 100# of corn... :shock: He will sell it to us per the truck load 1200#....We may buy a truck load..Im not sure yet..
Snipe

Postby Snipe » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:31 pm

Aug 26-28 .....

We hit the fields early to fill and repair all the feeders....I never had this much problem with feeders in West Texas....Out of 8 feeders we have one working as of this weekend....The dang squirrels are chewing the solar panel wires and shorting the batteries....

I had the owner plow up my food plot and he broke off 2 tines from his harrow and blew a hydraulic hose in the prosecss...I guess the ground is hard... :roll: But he did manage to get the field turned enough....

It was as hot as it could ever be...Down in the bottoms and at camp it hit 105... I did all the right things ..drank plenty of water and Gatorade...The heat still caught up to me..I was one sick puppy around 3PM....

And to top it off some J/A stole the timer out of one of the feeders...He could not just take the cover off and remove the timer...He had to grab the feeders mechanism and rock it back and forth till it broke the arms off and bust off the throwing plate....Thank You who ever you are... :evil: :evil:

At 7AM Sunday morning I wake up to thunder and rain.... :shock: ...I check the temp and its a rain cooled 69 outside....I bust my tail out of the crib and have a cup of mud watching it rain and lightning...So sweet to see after Saturday...After a hour and a half I hoped on the ATV to seed the food plot...came across 2 bucks and 2 does....One nice 8pt. and a young 6pt. ...The 8 took to the woods but the 6pt. ran about 50 yards and froze by a cedar tree with the doe....He had a tall rack but very narrow basket...

Hope to get back down in 2 weeks to see if the food plot is coming up and to put out the new trail cam....
Snipe

Next

Return to Outdoor Adventures