East Texas Deer Lease-Polk County

If your Looking for Land To Lease Or Lookng For Land To Hunt This Is The Place To Post It.

East Texas Deer Lease-Polk County

Postby Marty » Tue May 10, 2005 11:13 pm

The lease I'm on has two openings as I write this. It is located just south of Camden, TX. There is just a little over 4500acres on the lease. The price is 550.00 per membership. Your allowed to set up 3 stands. The property consists of several clear cuts at various stages, some creek bottoms, some pine thicket. There is a camp ground. Email me at mley1@ev1.net if you are interested.
God bless and good hunting,

Marty Ley
TDHA Member
NAHC Life Member
Marty
Spike
Spike

Postby Snipe » Tue May 10, 2005 11:31 pm

That sounds like a heck of a deal...How many hunters are on the land..??
Snipe

Postby Marty » Tue May 10, 2005 11:56 pm

There are 42. I know it may sound like a lot of hunters. But, it works out to about 100 acres a person. The way the rules are set up you must place your stands at least 300yrds away from any other stand. It's a pretty good deal, especially for someone who's on a budget and wants to hunt close to home. Plus, it's cool to bring your wife or kid. You can't find that kind of flexibility on many leases, especially if you try going to the hill country or south TX.

Marty Ley
TDHA Member
NAHC Life Member
Marty
Spike
Spike

Postby forthebirds » Thu May 12, 2005 7:11 pm

sounds like a good deal for sombody marty, thanks for posting the openings
The purpose of a warrior is not to engage his enemy in a test of strength or skill, it is to kill him.
forthebirds
6 Point
6 Point

Postby Marty » Fri May 13, 2005 10:09 am

No problem. I know how hard it is to find a good lease now days. This is one of the few good leases I've come across in East TX. Most of the ones I've looked at aren't run near as good as this one.

Marty Ley
TDHA Member
NAHC Life Member
Marty
Spike
Spike

Postby wyote » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:07 pm

well im sure someone will grab the openings, sounds like a deal in this high cost to hunt world were living in, soon only the rich will be able to feed him family....oops, they dont need the meat, well what was i thinking :roll:
I HUNT THEREFORE I AM
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/wyolion/thBig_jeep.gif[/IMG]
wyote
Sheriff

Postby Marty » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:12 pm

Yup, Wyote, the lease is now full. I went out weekend before last with a buddy of mine and we both got hogs. Mine was around 150lbs boar and my buddies was a bit smaller boar. Both were good hogs. Besides the hogs we saw deer at our stands so that was really good. Another friend of mine has a game cam he uses on the lease. You can see some of the pics at http://www.trapperbill.com/ . There are several pics of animals from the lease.

Marty Ley
TDHA Member
NAHC Life Member
Marty
Spike
Spike

Postby Snipe » Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:37 pm

Congrats Marty...It looks like a fine place to hunt..And the Tusks are good size on those hogs...
Snipe

Postby Marty » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:08 am

Thanks Snipe. There has been some really good hogs taken off of the lease. There are some good deer on the lease too. At one of my stands I had a real nice buck come in. He was still in velvet. But, He was massive and looked like he was going to be a great buck. I really enjoyed watching him while I waited on the hogs to show up.

Marty Ley
TDHA Member
NAHC Life Member
Marty
Spike
Spike

Postby 13Point » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:41 pm

Thats cool Marty. If I lived by you guys I would be broke cause I would want to hunt at all the leases with all of you guys. By the way haven't heard from ya in awhile how are you feeling?
13Point
Marshall

Next

Return to Hunting Land & Leases