Mouth of the Brazos

Fishing The Deep Blue

Mouth of the Brazos

Postby chasintail » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:11 am

Well ,this forum looked pretty sad sitting there with 0 topics so I figured I would fix that.
My wife, 4 year old son and myself came home with 1- 26 in. red and about 4 sand trout. There were 2 other reds caught that were close to 28in. that were released. Really like the site keep up the good work!
chasintail
Button Buck
Button Buck

Postby Snipe » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Thanks for the input CT... 8)

I never had a chance to get down to the Gulf and wet a hook....I hope more of you guys that fish it would have a bit of info on where the hot spots are...
Snipe

Postby chasintail » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:59 am

Snipe ,the mouth of the Brazos i a great place to fish. We were in the boat, but you can drive to it .Sometimes you might need a 4wd,but I saw some 2wd vehicles down there this past weekend. The water is beautiful right now, the fall flounder run is coming up soon,that will be alot of fun. The MOB is a good place to catch some flatties when they run!
chasintail
Button Buck
Button Buck

Postby GoTres » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Glad you had a good trip. Welcome to the board
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby Snipe » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:32 am

chasintail wrote:Snipe ,the mouth of the Brazos i a great place to fish. We were in the boat, but you can drive to it .Sometimes you might need a 4wd,but I saw some 2wd vehicles down there this past weekend. The water is beautiful right now, the fall flounder run is coming up soon,that will be alot of fun. The MOB is a good place to catch some flatties when they run!

That sure sounds like a fun weekend getaway... What place would you recomend to stay...?? And the type of fishing gear I would need..??
Snipe

Postby chasintail » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:24 am

Snipe ,the closest towns are Freeport or Surfside. I guess if you were going to make a weekend out of it I would stay in Surfside.You could also camp on the beach, I would not ,but that is just me . I don't like waking up with sand everywhere ! There are a few motels or there are a couple rv parks there. The gear I us is a Curado 200,they are nice reels,which is on a 7' St. Criox. I quess any thing you would use for bass you could use for trout and reds. When fishing saltwater you never really know what you are going to catch. You might catch a 1 lb. croaker or a 20 lb. redfish!
chasintail
Button Buck
Button Buck

Return to Saltwater Fishing