times are hard

Fishing For Bass To Walleye

Postby GoTres » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:27 pm

That rips it. I'm PM'ing you for Sunday morning.
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby GoTres » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:40 pm

I don't know if my PM went through at all or if you just got 3 copies of it. Ain't my first rodeo but it wasn't in my sent box or my out box.

Anyway - if the offer is still open, I'd like to take you up on it for Sunday AM. I'll need to know where, what time, and what to bring. I've got the usual assortment of rattletraps & little georges that we used to use in Central TX.

I don't have a Scooby rig and I doubt my daughter would let me borrow her Barbie rod so I'll probably just have to bring my own stuff.
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby forthebirds » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:15 am

ok i will mark you down for sunday. but be warned i am fishing in the morning and sat so there might not be any fish left in the lake :lol: you can bring whatever, traps work and georges work. been catching surfacing fish on spoons i have plenty. if you have blasting caps for the explosive it would help but grenades work fine to. will meet whereever is close to you i am thinking dal-rock.
The purpose of a warrior is not to engage his enemy in a test of strength or skill, it is to kill him.
forthebirds
6 Point
6 Point

Postby forthebirds » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:18 am

no pms by the way. email at
wings_n_water@yahoo.com, phone took a drowning, leave me a good number and i will call tommorrow after i get back from cleaning fish.
The purpose of a warrior is not to engage his enemy in a test of strength or skill, it is to kill him.
forthebirds
6 Point
6 Point

Postby GoTres » Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Leave some of them in the lake for me. I sent the email with my #'s. Easier to reach me on the work # during the day. I don't always have the mobile on my belt but you can call it and leave a message and I'll call you back.

All out of blasting caps though. My latest source for them moved to Huntsville for 10-20 years. Something about moving to a new block but they keep returning his letters and I think I wrote the ph# down wrong because it rings at a prison. :roll:
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

Postby forthebirds » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:17 pm

well i left a few for you this morning. i think that i have a good pattern and should be able to catch a limit for your freezer or the next TH shoot off :D it took a little while this morning but we did find a few. it was 930 or so before we found a good school that would stay up. we pulled up on a few surfacing fish and the next thing you know we are in the middle of them. the sad part was we were with in site of about 10 trolling boats looking for fish. we were catching them left and right and next thing you know we are holding on to the boat because of one real jerck this morning. came in at full speed on top of the school and 15 ft from the boat. while the other boats came in slow everyone was catching fish everthing was great. well in most cases the fish will go down and come back up with in 50 or so yds of where they went down. this guy would crank his big motor and plow into them while right next to all the boats. after a few times of this we had 20+ boats catching them and all were yelling at this guy and he didnt care. sad part he was waking some small boats, these boats had kids in them that had no motors and were doing their best to stay with the fish, i am guessing that this was the best school the these kids had been able to get into and here is some jerk in a 18 ft with a 200 on the back running them over. so people can make you mad. other than that the trip was good. going to take a bud out in the am for some action. will post back when i have good reports.
forthebirds
6 Point
6 Point

Postby frognot » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:36 pm

Sounds like quite a day. Too bad one jerk can mess it up for so many others. Maybe use those blasting caps for another purpose?
"We aim to please - it's just sometimes we're bad shots."
frognot
Spike
Spike

Postby 13Point » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:11 am

Sink the SOB......................!
13Point
Marshall

Postby Snipe » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:55 am

If you happen to see this guy again FTB ...Get his TX numbers off the boat..All I need is the last 4 didgets...

Its good to have a father-in-law thats a Deputy Sheriff... 8) 8)

We will find out who this guy is... :wink:

Oh yeah..Congrats on the fish... :D
Snipe

Postby GoTres » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:41 pm

I met FTB and his dad at the ramp just after 6:30 this morning and we were into schooling fish within 10 minutes of launching. The bite was real fast for about an hour before it started slowing down. We probably caught 50 or more and we're off the water by around 9:45. Matt & I threw several back if they looked close and still kept several 16-18" fish.

Matt, I rinsed and bagged them and I figure it's probably at least 12-15 lbs. Glad you're so handy with the electric filet knife :D.

It was a good time. Thanks again for the invite.
GoTres
6 Point
6 Point

PreviousNext

Return to Freshwater Fishing