Number 3

Pull Up A Stump And Tell Us Your Stories

Moderator: wyote

Number 3

Postby billy8point » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:36 am

Hey all I just wanted to let you guys know that we welcomed Gianna Grace Norris to the world today. Born at 4:24AM 8lbs 3 oz and 20 inches. Mom woke me up in the middle of the night with bad bleeding, I ended up having to call an ambulance. The placenta had come away from the uterine wall and she had to have an emergency C-Section. I've had 4 doctors tell me today that had I not called 911 when I did, I would have lost them both. Mom and baby are doing great now though. Gia is beautiful and I'm proud of Tabbie for being so tough through all of this. Also, my big news that i wanted to tell you guys about finally came through. I was supposed to do this Monday, but have to re-schedule due to the baby, but I am going to be headed up north to Michigan for a job interview as a production supervisor at the Michigan Assembly Plant. (they make the focus and focus electric) Hopefully I can get this job and the pay raise and job security that comes with it. The plant I work at now is a very uncertain place so I would love to have this job security. Wish me luck.

PS. If i don't get the pictures posted, I know dad has some to post of the baby.
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Re: Number 3

Postby 13Point » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:11 pm

Here she is, the star of the weekend, my 5th grandchild.

Gianna Grace
8lbs 3 oz
20" 's long
4:24 am 2-18-12

13Point
Marshall

Postby JIM » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:00 pm

Billy,
Congratulations and glad everybody is healthy and doing good. Good luck with the interview!
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby billy8point » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Thank you Jim. I got the job, just waiting on my offer and then a move to Michigan will be in order soon. Thanks again.
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Postby JIM » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Billy,
Congratulations, looks like you are off to a good start this year, also parts of Michigan have some really good hunting.
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby billy8point » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:05 pm

I"m off to a great start. I got good help with relocation from them, just have to sell my house so I hope that goes quickly. Until my house sells I will be coming home only on the weekends. We will be working 5 10's starting in May so it's gonna be rough to do, but it has to be done. It will all be worth it in the end, when i don't have to worry if I'm going to have a job in 2 years and all that like I am doing at my current job. I'm excited and nervous to be going up there, but can't wait to put my feet on that plant floor.
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Postby JIM » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Billy,
Wish you the best of luck. I bet you can't wait to get on the new job.
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Postby billy8point » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Haven't been on in a while. Since starting work I've been pretty busy. We launched a 3rd shift at the plant that went very well. Work is going good, I have definitely taken my lumps and butt kickings, but it's well worth it. I went from overseeing about 15 employees a day to over 100 so that was a huge culture shock for me. I definitely know now what my dad has gone through all these years.

Also, I made the job move at the perfect time. About a month after I went to Michigan I found out the company that bought where I was working had let go of 25 salary personnel. Sucks for all of them but I'm very fortunate to have gotten the opportunity that I did.

House is still for sale so if you know anyone looking in northern Ohio let me know. Lol. I stay with my friend from the marine corps for the 4 days I'm working and drive home for my days off. Bought my car in December and have 14000 miles on it now. Again, it's all worth it and without the help from my buddy, it'd be a lot tougher.

All in all, things are going very well. Can't wait for bow season here in Ohio. Still trying to find somewhere to hunt in Michigan before or after work too. Idk if I will be able to hunt there this year though. We will see.
billy8point
4 Point
4 Point

Postby JIM » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Billy,
That's great sounds like you went from manager to a director keep up the good work.
Seems like people still getting laid off every day, but most of the places I do business with are busy.
That's about how much I drive to and from my job.
Hope you can sell your house and get a place in Michigan quick.
good luck finding a place to hunt season will be here before we know it.
JIM
JIM
6 Point
6 Point

Return to Fireside